Nationals of Australia, Canada and USA do not require Tourism visa to enter Argentina. Nevertheless, they must pay the “Reciprocity Fee” (which IS NOT A VISA):
Decree 1584/08 established that this “Reciprocity Fee” is to be paid by citizens of Canada (travelling for tourism purposes), of Australia and of USA (travelling for business or tourism purposes), all holding regular passports.
The Argentine Government set this fee on equal amounts to the fees Argentine citizens must pay when requesting a visa to travel to those countries:
- USA: U$D 160.- (Multiple entries, 10 years)
- Canada: CAD$ 100.- (Multiples entries, 10 years or up to one month before Passport expiration’s date)
- Australia: U$D 100.- (Multiple entries, 1 year)
You must pay the “Reciprocity Fee” online BEFORE YOUR START YOUR TRIP, using a credit card.
You must print the payment confirmation (which includes data of the traveller and a bar code) and SHOW IT IN THE AIRPORT WHEN BOARDING, this being an essential requirement for boarding.
- Argentine nationals who also bear US, Canadian or Australian citizenship, and present any of these passports at the Immigration control;
- Foreign nationals bearing regular US, Canadian or Australian passports in transit;
- Foreign nationals bearing regular US, Canadian or Australian passports who have permanent residence in Argentina;
- Foreign nationals bearing Canadian passports with a business visa;
- Foreign nationals bearing official or diplomatic Passports from the US, Canada or Australia.
- Those foreign citizens who have already paid the Reciprocity Fee in the past and it is still valid, do NOT have to pay the fee again.
REMEMBER THAT THE CONSULATE DOES NOT TAKE PART IN THE COLLECTION OF THIS FEE.